Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Found a possible midwife

I am giving birth in Florida, in an area I know nothing about. H and I searched online for home birth midwives and only found 2. I was disappointed by this, we need more midwives in this country!

H called one and she didn't seem as H put it "warm and fuzzy". Plus she doesn't usually travel to where H lives and her office is 2.5 hours away. I trust H's judge of character and said I would call the other one, Dawn.

I spoke with Dawn and she seems real nice. She has no problem with me transferring care to her around 36 weeks and attending the birth. I'll need all my records from my midwife, Peggy, but that won't be a problem.

Peggy was my midwife with Joshua (2nd child) and attended his home birth. I wish she could travel down with me to Florida   , but that can't happen ;) Peggy will take care of my prenatal care here in Virginia during the pregnancy.

H and I will be speaking with Dawn more as time goes on. We are still in the early stages, but at least we know someone would be available for the birth.

We are slowly putting the pieces together to this puzzle :)

2 comments:

  1. Have you thought about the parents coming to you for the birth?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't bring that up because I wouldn't want them to take the baby on a plane at such a young age (sick people) or on a 17 hour road trip. I comfortable with going to them and doing it all in their home :) It's what I envisioned and we both love the idea!

    ReplyDelete