Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Here begins a Journey!

*Originally written June 4th 2011 on a previous blog.*

A week ago I decided to put my desire to become a surrogate into action. I posted a couple ads on websites that a friend (also a surrogate) recommended. I started receiving emails quickly with couples interested in me. I was very specific about what I was looking for....Parents who would agree to a home/natural birth, not circumcising, and breastfeeding via induced lactation or using donor milk.

One reply was complete opposite of what I was looking for, two replies were close but they didn't feel right.
On June 2nd, I got an email from a woman we'll call "H", her husband we will call "M". She absolutely loved everything in my ad. She even referred to me as her "parenting soulmate". I was instantly excited! I knew I had to reply and get to know them better. We exchanged a dozen emails over 2 days, added each other on Facebook,  and today we talked for over an hour on the phone. I felt comfortable with her, though I was very nervous at first. We have so much in common it was hard to not feel good about it.

After our call we exchanged more messages on Facebook. Come to find out, H knows a friend of mine online. My friend Meg had twin girls about a year ago. She placed her sweet girls up for adoption and H & M were one of the families who she contacted about it. Meg had nothing but good things to say about H & M. I couldn't believe those 2 knew each other! I knew it was another good sign.

I waited for Adam to get home, so I could tell him all about my conversations with H. I told him how I felt and how I knew this was the right thing to do. Every fiber in my body felt like screaming "help them! they deserve this baby!"

I messaged H this evening and told her I was ready to move forward. Everything seems to fit in place and we mesh really well already.

Now we begin a Journey....a Journey to create a new life, to complete this loving wonderful family.

I am going to be H & M's Traditional Surrogate (TS), meaning it is my egg and M's sperm.

We will attempt at home-insemination.

H & M live in southwest Florida. They endured 2 failed open adoptions before deciding to go this route. They have 2 daughters ages 14 and 11 who we will call T & J.

I will travel to FL for the insemination(s) and for the birth.

I am so excited and can't wait to see the look on their daughters' faces when they finally meet their little brother or sister. This one will be for keeps. No more will they grieve a loss because a mother changed her mind.

I am walking down the aisle and saying "I do" to this family. This is for life, we will forever be connected.

<3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment